BIKE Ride :
The bike journey is entertaining. The Chennai-Banaglore highway is so satisfying to bike on. Started at 5:30 in morning to avoid the city traffic, reached Ambur at around 8:30 AM and the water falls before noon.
The road from Hogennekal to Dharmapuri is again a bliss, surrounded by trees through village, cutting mountains and few segment on the ghat road which was so good on my 390 cc, 43 horse powered machine.
The falls :
· There are group of people who keep coming back of you for oil massage. Kind of irritating after you have said no multiple times. Sot 200 for oil massage. It is a sight to see though.
· The place is crowded, long queue everywhere.
· The Entry fee Rs. 50 to see the falls and touch the water and get access to the temple.
· The falls in mighty and it worth seeing.
Boating in Hogenakkal Falls :
Boating is fun. It’s a small boat to carry 4 people. I went alone. The boat started to leak while returning. There is nothing to do here apart from boating.
What do do :
- See the Falls.
- Massage (I would not want to do that)
Do check out my YouTube video blog of my whole journey from Chennai to the falls and don’t forget to subscribe.